Flash Transitions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, I’m reasonably new to video editing, and I am making a video to promote a computer game … I have Vegas Pro 8 and I would like to know how to do transitions with effects. The affect I need is a transition where slightly before and after the change, the video either gets brighter or changes gamma / rgb or similar things. There should be no overlap – Thanks in advance!

Inactive

check your transitions tab, overlap your two events, and drag theflash transistion to the overlap and drop.

John

Inactive

If you don’t want the shots to overlap, you’ll have difficulty using a transition. On the other hand, you can drop the brightness effect on your video, then use the envelope (at the bottom of the efx window) to set the effect to begin where you want the effect to start. Then you move to the end of the shot and adjust the effect to how you’d like it to look at the end. Now when the video plays, Vegas will start the flash where you put the first box/mark and animate it smoothly till it reaches your endpoint setting. The envelopes are great ways to animate efx, moving alpha objects around and constantly adjusting audio levels.

If my explanation is confusing, let me know. I can run you through it step by step. Good luck.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap