First TV project

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I have shot some vids on my Panasonic PV-GS180, edited in iMovie HD, and posted to Youtube. They have a surprisingly film-like look for such an inexpensive camera, at least on Youtube’s small player. So on the strength on those Youtube vids, I got a job making a commercial that is supposed to have a Hollywood dark-suspense kind of look.

The commercial is intended for the web, but the clients think MAYBE they will want to use it for TV, so they want me to make sure it will look good on a TV screen too.

I am assuming I will need to rent a much better camera for this, so I have been searching a lot online and am pretty confused. Hoping for some recommendations for a camera that I can use to create that film look for TV. Hoping to rent one for under $1,000 for a week. Will edit in iMovie or Final Cut Express. Many thanks for any clues!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap