first teaser for new project

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I enjoyed it. I thought it looked really cool. If I was to offer any advice, it would be to either use another take of the dialogue exchange or omit it all together. IMHO it kind of slowed your editing pace, and to be honest, I really didn’t understand what was being said. Use what for world domination? Maybe it’s just me.

Thanks for sharing πŸ˜€

Beth

Participant

We wrapped principle photography today. and with that comes the release of the first teaser for my new project Kyle and Steve Save the World.

Let me know what you think

http://kyleandsteve.adpictures.net

Participant

its sticky tack, i haddent noticed a problem understanding the dialog, but i guess thats becuase i know what he is saying, oh well, we’ll see how the final cut turns out i can always re-record it. the slowed down ending was on purpose, but you didnt really like it? I’d like to hear some other thoughts on that one.

also keep in mind that ive had no training in film of any kind, im using a sony single ccd handicam and a copy of Vegas. plus my azden shotgun mic, which captures sound through my notebook using vegas. All of my actors are just friends, who have had no prior acting experience, and we are all under the age of 24

Participant

Hi again,

I just looked at it again, and, like I said, I really enjoyed it. I figured that you used that technique of purpose — it can be very effective. Seeing it again, I think I’m just stuck on that one line. And if it were re-recorded and delivered just a tad differently, my opinion on that small piece of your teaser would be change. But I, too, am interested in what everyone else thinks. It’s probably something just my anal-ness notices, but no one else would.

Thanks again!

Beth

PS — No one will watch movies with me for this very reason X-D

Participant

now that i think about it ive been listening to it on headphones almost the entire time, so i really am not sure what the dialog sounds like on speakers 😯 guess ill have to work on that

p.s. the "A.D. Pictures Can Finish a movie" is an inside joke for all of our old fans who know we’ve started like three projects since the last one was completed. all of which ended up being about a quarter of the way finished before we lost intrest. This one however we waited until we were done filming to announce it πŸ˜€

Participant

The titles were done very nicely. I’d imagine those took a while to get just the way you wanted them.

Participant

which titles are you refering to?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap