First official music video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tylerknight
      Participant

Hey guys, just wanted to pass on my first try at a music video. I have shot music videos in the past using one shot, live audio to make a raw feel, but this is the first using a studio song and planning out the video using multiple shots and a storyline.

Charles
      Participant

Tyler, very good for the first planned video. I really like the song and the video was well thought out. I can honestly say, I cannot think of any way of improving in, the transitions were very good and it flowed into a nice visual story. Keep shooting

vid-e-o-man
      Participant

Tyler, great job. Excellent shooting and the blending of that with the music in post was outstanding. The theme of the music is subdued almost depressing and the color and dark scenes fit like a glove. The only suggestion I have is to throw yourself a bone and putyour contact info on the end of the video. One question, did you put the video together and have the talent watch it as he sang the audio track that was used on the final or did you sync it all together in post?

Great work!!

tylerknight
      Participant

Thanks very much for the feedback! I have a hard time putting my contact info on the video not sure why, I guess since someone paid me for it they don’t want all my info all over their video. I have it linked to my website, faceboo, and twitter accounts as well as it is linked to all the other videos I have produced.

tylerknight
      Participant

We we actually had his song playing on an iphone behind the scenes as we did each shot so it was synced up! Did it all in 1 day of shooting which was great!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.