First attempt at wedding DEMO (JUST UPDATED VIDEO)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion First attempt at wedding DEMO (JUST UPDATED VIDEO)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Remember, I’m still an amateur.

Well I’ve just roughed out a wedding demo. Let me know what you think. I really would like to have some constructive criticism. Don’t hold back….

First off, can anyone tell me a wmv or quick-time codec that works better than the one I used? I think I picked the best one available from Adobe 6.5, but it still kinda $ucks. Second, please disregard the audio at the end, don’t know what happened there… In the process of fixin’ that.

Participant

No bad! You had a great angle on the ceremony. What is your gear setup?

It’s hard to get the couple to look at the video cam during the photo shoot, and I see that you have that problem also. I want to hang a sign from my camera that says "Remember me!" I’m soft spoken, so I’m trying to figure out at tactful way to get their attention.

What a rush, huh?

Participant

Thanks for the critic. I just updated it in letterbox format and tweaked a few things. Not everything yet, but I can still play all I want with it.

I also do not like them looking at the camera. In fact I told the groom when I was miking him, that I would rather they forget I was there. The bad part was when they did the first dance they kept turning their backs to me. Had to laugh, they took me to literally. Next time, I’ll have them play up to the camera, but don’t look…

The new mics that I have worked out better than I could have hoped. The audio was perfect if I must say…. πŸ˜€

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video β€” 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap