First AE clip – want feedback.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

A few weeks ago was the first time I installed Adobe After Effects. After watching literately hundreds of hours of tutorials and messing around a bit, yesterday I finally sat down and created my own project.

It’s a 10 second intro clip.

I’d love to hear feedback and suggestions, good AND bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGxzgqvQwro

Thanks!

Participant

πŸ˜€ WOW! Terrific!

Inactive

That was great man! Good going!

Thanks guys! You can give some criticism too!

Participant

Criticism works best when it’s justified. Okay okay! here’s one: It’s too short!! πŸ˜€

Inactive

Yes I would say that it would have a better effect on the veiwer if it were to last just a little bit longer at the end. Let it linger maybe.. 4 seconds after the torch is raised. Love that torch animation! lol.. This would allow the coolness of it all to really sink in, as the flames continue to burn. instead of going away so fast. I mean, my eyes were drawn only to the arm actually after it was raised at the end, and I was left wanting to watch the flames burn!!! What do you think?

You want to know what I think?? πŸ™‚ But promise not to laugh!!!

Actually, I have been working on this quite a few days and posted it also on another site.
      Origianaly, I had made an into of 20 seconds! πŸ™‚ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9rH7zm46g0

Most of the guys on the other site said that 1: there is too much going on. 2: too colorful for an intro. 3: MUCH TOO LONG! They all said that an intro MUST be between 5 – 10 seconds and that 10 seconds is pushing it.

So I came up with this:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mweq6ZU3vRA

And after some more comments, I came up with the third one I posted at the beginning of this thread.

So there you go… and I’m still working on a NEWER version! πŸ™‚

That’s what I think. πŸ™‚

Inactive

I would have to agree with the guys on that other site on all 3 things on that 20 second intro.

On the second one, the flames are able to wave a little bit and it seems to be the best intro, to me.

What I DO like about the third one, is that the text stays in the center. I wasn’t so pleased about how the text goes to the corner.

But I also agree with you about seeing more of the flames. What I could do (and will try) is to speed up the clip at the begining, giving me 1.5 – 2 seconds more to let the end linger. I’ll try that.

Inactive

I still like the first one.. seems cleaner.. but of course as I said, I thought the arm could raise, then flames burn a few seconds.. then maybe even slightly slow down your ending effect going to black. And it definitely looks better staying toward the center than moving up and to the left.

Participant

All the vids have been removed…

I know… it’s been a long time since I started this thread so I had already removed all the clips except for the last one I kept. πŸ™‚

Inactive

Zui,

I would recommend leaving all example videos in any threads you ever start here that are asking for feedback. This just seems logical to me, especially if you want to maximize any feedback. I’m just an aspiring amatuer, like you, BUT really believe in my eye for video work at this level. It was on this belief that I gave my comments. It would have been nice to see some other comments on your examples from the more experienced guys. :p

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition,...
homicide-bootstrap