Firewire verses s video

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am running a minidv camera and we are streaming our church service. I am trying to find out since there is a limitation on the length of firewire can be, is it better to use s-video into a splitter or something then send it out the internet via firewire if there is such a device to come from the switcher to the computer via firewire.

We don’t know what is the best to get the best picture and then get it out on the internet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Blessings!

Rich

Participant

eh, i dunno much about steaming. I think the limit for firewire is 15 feet though.

Inactive

Leo LaPorte is one of the few tech-gurus to do this type of thing.

It’s much easier to tape the program and then post it to a website.

Inactive

Let me ask this another way. Do they make a switcher that comes out firewire so I can put it to my computer via the firewire? If so, who makes it?

Yes there are. New Tek’s Tricaster has firewire/USB input/outputs and is an excellent solution for budget conscious live event producers. However, churches are notorious for not being willing to fork over the $5k for the lowest end model Tricaster. A much cheaper option is a Firewire repeater/extender. A typical extender will double the distance of a firewire cable (30+ feet) and repeaters can be linked to up to 250 feet.

Inactive

good thanks for shanring the informatiobn

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap