Firewire up in smoke

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Recently lost my firewire I/O on my Canon XH-A1, anyone experienced this? Can this be fixed?

BruceMol
      Participant

YES, 2 weeks ago. The little pieces of plastic guarding the connectors broke. They seemed to be just little finger projections. With a plastic tool I gently removed the broken pieces trying not to bend the delicate brush connector. Once removed I checked to see my DN60 recorder worked and then I plugged in a headphone, taped the DV plug to it and then taped both to the camera chassis with electrical tape. I don’ t plan on removing either plug. Good luck!

composite1

Ray,

More than likely you’ll have to send it to Canon to get that repaired. If it’s not something you can do a local patch up, it’s probably something with the internal connectors or worse the circuit board it’s attached to. Best to let the techs and Canon to fix it. That way if they screw it up it’s on their dime. Is your rig still under warranty?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN