Firewire up in smoke

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Recently lost my firewire I/O on my Canon XH-A1, anyone experienced this? Can this be fixed?

Participant

YES, 2 weeks ago. The little pieces of plastic guarding the connectors broke. They seemed to be just little finger projections. With a plastic tool I gently removed the broken pieces trying not to bend the delicate brush connector. Once removed I checked to see my DN60 recorder worked and then I plugged in a headphone, taped the DV plug to it and then taped both to the camera chassis with electrical tape. I don’ t plan on removing either plug. Good luck!

Ray,

More than likely you’ll have to send it to Canon to get that repaired. If it’s not something you can do a local patch up, it’s probably something with the internal connectors or worse the circuit board it’s attached to. Best to let the techs and Canon to fix it. That way if they screw it up it’s on their dime. Is your rig still under warranty?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap