Firewire frustration

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am a teacher with growing skills. I have several PCs and MACS that give me grief when I try to use a firewire. the editing software just balks at recognizing my wide variety of digital cameras. Is there a deck that I can get that will allow me to put a minidv right into the computer. I am imagining something like a camera that stays with the computer. thanks to you experts

Participant

ADS makes some products that you may want to consider.

http://www.adstech.com/products/USBAV-191-EF/intro/USBAV_191_intro.asp?pid=USBAV-191-EF

This product is USB. You plug it in, then hook up the camcorder to the device, then capture away. This one is only good if your camcorder has an S Video connector or those yellow/red/white cords.

You shouldn’t have trouble connecting cameras via Firewire. Exactly what is the problem?

Participant

Pick the one recognizable by your computers and use it as a playback deck for all your tapes.

Unsolicited Critique of the Wedding Videos on YouTube.com

Participant

Hi,
      Consider trying out the Sony GVD-1000 mini DV VCR w/4" screen. Check out specs on B&H website. Has firewire, USB, S, etc outputs. Has been a work horse for me for two years with no breakdowns or hiccups. You could order it from B&H, try it out with tapes from all of your cams, and if it didn’t pass inspection, return it. I also use on location as monitor to show talent how good (usually) they look.
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap