Firewire capture from Sony camcorder is scrambled

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi all, I am trying to capture video from a Sony miniDV camcorder using Nero 10 and firewire. I can see the device on screen and a scrambled version of the capture. It looks as though the pixels are all there, but very scrambled up and some of the bottom of the image is being shown at the top. Audio is ok. Can anyone advise what is happening and how to fix it? Windows movie maker gives the same result. Computer system is Win7 core i5 firewire. Thanks!

Participant

Could beyour tape. didyou attempt to replay the vtr and then continue to shoot?you could mess up the timecode. Also, where didyou placeyour tape after shoot? no magnetic devices nearby? It wasn’t left directly under a heat source?

Participant

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned that playback is good on the camera’s screen and also to a TV via composite.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap