firewire cable!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I just purchased the new 27″ imac. It has the new firewire 800 port for importing from cameras. I had an ’08 imac previously and the cable that I used is found in stores everywhere and will not fit into my new computer’s firewire port. Does anyone know where i can find the new 800 port cable for importing footage from cameras in stores??

Need it ASAP.. please help!

by the way I live in Florida,I’ve already tried best buy, office depot, and compUSA.

If you have no store recommendations any links to online purchases would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Rob
      Participant

I’m pretty sure there is only one type of connection for FW800, unlike FW400, which has 4-pin and 6-pin.

Are you sure you’re using a FW800 cable?

Woody
      Participant

Not exactly sure which cable you will need but when in doubt, go to newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=firewire+800+cable

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN