Final Cut Shakey Effects and Transitions

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Final Cut Shakey Effects and Transitions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi all,

I am a hobbyist looking at getting more professional and start getting paid for work I do. One thing I have noticed when I do effects such as overlaying footage on top of each other or freeze framing, just to name a few. When I output the project on DVD and I play back on a regular TV, the video looks really shakey and not smooth as it does in Final Cut and online. Any thoughts as to why this happens? Should I be exporting in a different format? Any advice would be great!

jsanti

Participant

how are you exporting for DVD?

Inactive

I usually export the file as a Quick Time file and put into a DVD project from IDVD.

Participant

Since you posted in the Final Cut Studio forum, I’m assuming you have the entire bundle?

The best thing to do is go to File > Export > Quicktime Movie (not Quicktime Conversion, and make sure your Timeline is selected).

Export a Self-Contained file with current settings.

Bring this new file into Compressor. Go to the settings window and look for the “DVD Best Quality 90 Minutes” folder. There are 2 settings within this folder – one to create an .ac3 file and the other to create the MPEG file. Drop both of these presets onto your file.

Click submit at the bottom of the Batch window and let Compressor do it’s thing.

Once Compressor is done, use those 2 new files for DVD. I’m not sure if they will work in iDVD, I don’t use that program. If they don’t, use DVD SP. That’s not a hard program

Inactive

Rob,

You are a life saver. That is the second time you helped me with a question.

jsanti

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap