Final Cut keyboard problem.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi guys,

When I want to use some simple short cuts in FCE4 the application doesn’t respond. Per exemple, I can’t set my in point by using ‘i’ or I can’t return to the mouse tool by perssing ‘q’. The only shortcut working seems to be command Q. This only affects final cut. Any suggestions woulb be appreciated. Thanks!

final cut express v. 4.0.1

imac snow leopard 10.6.1 27” 8gb RAM, 1tb Hard drive, 3.06 GHz

Participant

have you tried resetting the keyboard layout to the default settings?

Tools > Keyboard Layout > Default Layout

That’s the menu path for me using FCP. It should be similar to FCE.

Inactive

is this in the tool bar in the upper screen? because the only features i have in there are voice over and something to make shortcuts (not keyboard ones) Iv’e tried many things and it doesn’t seem to work. I’ve updated and reinstalled

Participant

There has to be a way to restore the default keyboard layout. I would check the electronic manual in the help menu. I’m just not entirely familiar with FCE. I use FCP, but they are very similar. What are the available menus available along the menu bar at the top of the screen?

I’m surprised a reinstall hasn’t worked though. I’m wondering if it’s your computer.

Inactive

I checked the PDF manual and it doesn’t talk about keyboard layout. The menu bar above found my FCE contains: file, edition, presentation, mark, modify, sequence, effects, tools, window and help. The names might vary because my FC is french and I translated myself to English.

When I reinstalled, I was surprised that the installer didn’t ask me my key (came in the box) Maybe it wasn’t a real re-install. I deleted the application in the application folder, but did i miss something?

Thanks for your help, I’ve seen your demos and you are very talented!

Participant

Yes, you did not do a proper uninstall. While deleting the icon in the applications folder will work for some applications, Final Cut has a lot of hidden files throughout the computer that have to be deleted for the software to be successfully uninstalled.

Digital Rebellion’s FCS Remover makes uninstalling Final Cut super easy:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcs_remover.htm

Inactive

I try that when I’ll finish this project. I will also put some important captures on a hard drive because I guess that this will remove the ‘Final cut documents’

Participant

Nah…it doesn’t remove your captured media, but if you changed the location of where you want your capture scratch to ‘live’ you will have to make that change again because uninstalling and reinstalling will change it to the default.

Inactive

I’ve used this helpful program and emptied trash in secured mode and it went well. My problem is no w solved, thanks a lot!

Participant

glad to hear it

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Choosing the Right Lens: The Ultimate Guide

The best lenses for video — 2020

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap