Final Cut Help

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

If i downloaded final cut studio illegaly and it works perfectly, if i buy the new final cut studio 3 update will it work for me instead of buying the full verison?

Why don’t you contact Apple and ask them?

Participant

It might. I think when you get an update like that, all you do is punch in the serial code you have for the old version. If it checks out, then it should update.

In my opinion, you should just buy it. FCS3 is only $1000. That’s not a lot for all that you get and you don’t have to worry about things working or not.

Or you can get the academic version. It’s half price and still has all the features that the non-academic version has.

Inactive

Be respectful. Give money to Apple so they can devlop the program.

Inactive

I agree. Just buy the full version. You really shouldn’t be asking about pirated software on here.

FYI the academic version is $899 not half price. It’s really not that great a deal for the academic.

Participant

really? the academic is that expensive? It was half price when I got Final Cut Studio 2, so I just assumed.

And the academic is definitely a good deal. It’s identical to the non-academic version. The only difference is you can’t use the upgrade when the new FCS comes out, which won’t be for a long time anyway. FCS2 was out for about 2 years before the release of FCS23

Participant

I have no idea if it will work. But you should look at this on a moral level.

If you are just playing with it, or are a student doing work for a class, or just on your own for no profit or intent of profit. Id say it’s fine to use a crack. I have done that myself in those situations, and anyone who has grown up in this era has to.

But if your a pro who is going to be sending this to festivals, or to make any tipe of profit on here or in the future. You really should just buy it and forget the upgrading at this point.

If you where using Adobe Premiere and a student, id tell you to get the student edition. cause that is like 350 at my Uni book store, and you can get the production pack for like 599. so you get an amazing deal getting the pack instead of just premiere. and you can upgrade it for the cheaper price every cycle. Not so with Final Cut. Student Editions can’t be updated.

Inactive

When I say the academic is not that great of a deal, what I mean is… Compared to the price of the full version (which is upgradable, etc), Why not just pay $100 more and get the full version.

Participant

I qualify for the academic and I bought the retail version. I don’t know what will happen in FCS3 but I did hear that those that bought the academic version of FCS2 couldn’t buy the upgrade to FCS3 they either have to live with the one they have, or pay full price for the retail or full price for the academic. I don’t mind if my students use pirated software, but I make it clear that professionals pay for their tools. Gerry in Calgary.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap