Can someone please take a quick look at this link http://www.mellange.com
      and look at the demo weddings of Rhonda & Marco Wedding,Eunice and
      Charles enhanced slide show and if you have a little more time,
      Alejandra & Danny’s wedding. I am thinking this editor used some
      plug ins but looking through all of the plug in products from Ni and
      CV2 and Fx Factory, I couldn’t find the plug-ins. I’m sure I can
      probably create the effects from scratch, I just wanted some input on
      how he created those effects. Which are the animated photo montage from
      Eunice and Charles slide show and (i guess) split screen/panes effects.
      If someone could help me out figuring out this it would be soooooo
      appreciated!!!! Thanks..

F2F<!– End of post content –>

Rob
      Participant

I only looked at the Rhonda & Marco video. It doesn’t seem to me they are using a plug-in. Looks like the editor is just layering video (often 2 or three layers of the same clip) over a white slug. It’s not hard to pull off. Just use the Crop parameters in the Motion tab in FCP.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I was thinking it was something like that. Thanks for the quick reply. If you could please take a look at the Eunice and Charles to give your input on how he created the animated slide show, it would be appreciated.. Thanks again!

CraftersOfLight
      Participant

There was a video submission, “Bejing Golf Clasic”, in 2005 based on this technique that they did a couple of articles on. You can see it on the “take 20” section of http://www.videomaker.com/vidcast/45/

Take a look at this from Videomaker. http://www.videomaker.com/article/14088/It covers some of the how-tos on making it. The article has several links to other articles covering different aspects of this type of video.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you so much for the great info. I will take a look at the links. Once again thank you so much and I will keep you informed if you don’t mind on my efforts to get this technique down!!

Take care!

F@F

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh yea one more thing can you take a look at demo weddings of Rhonda & Marco Wedding and Alejandra & Danny’s wedding. And, if at all possible can you direct me to a possible article on videomaker that tell how to do this editing technique. Its the one with the spit screen and I think layers..

Thanks again

F2F

EarlC

R U really studying techniques, or simply trying to drive traffic to these videos? I mean, you’ve been a member about 7 hours, and while that doesn’t necessarily mean anything, still curious.

CraftersOfLight
      Participant

Intersting point EarlC.

Judging by their phone number locations I noticed Free2FilmProductions and the Mellange Studios are practically neighbors.

F2F

Take some time to look at the this website. There are tons of editing how-tos that are easily found using the search window at the top of the home page. Using that, it took me less then 5 minutes to find your slideshow info.

CraftersOfLight
      Participant

F2F

Having the nasty habit of not letting a puzzle go unsolved, I came up with a method to do what you were asking in a simple and interesting way…

I did a little something similar to your puzzle by doing a couple of passes on the design. Let me preface this by saying that I am using Corel VideoStudio Pro2 as my editor.

First pass

Using layers, I set up a white (or whatever color of choice, other than green, for the frame) as my primary set to full screen. Then layering green fields within the color field cropping them to give me my borders. I set them up on a time line for position and location change by changing box size, duration and such. Once I get the “frames” how I like it I then render this out. This becomes a template for the next pass.

Second Pass

I then pull in the rendered template as my primary and using simple chroma key, layer in my video clips. By changing my layer positions (this selects which is in front or behind the others) and clip durations (as those in front end their timeline, those behind fill in that now open space), and adjusting their sizes I end up with something that looks pretty much like the format of those you were pointing out.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I want to first of all thank craftersoflight for the quick response earlier today to my thread, it was very helpful and informational. After reading Earl C’s post on my topic I was a little shocked but can understand where he came up with that idea. First, let me tell everyone how I came up with the post in the first place. Yes, I do live in the Bay Area and yes I am a professional editor working for a small company in San Francisco. I do have my own very small production business, free2filmproductions.com and have no affiliation with mellange studios which is located in San Jose which I found that out from looking at their website. So, about 2 or 3 days ago, I was finishing up on 2 weddings when I happen to glance over at my TV and saw a commercial for mellange studios. The commercial caught my interest because I never heard of this company and never saw a wedding videography commercial on TV and so I looked up the website and found their demos. I was actually surprized because I had never heard of this company and wanted to see who they were. While looking through their website, I got stuck on the editing techniques they were using. So I tried to figure out how they were doing these techniques. I was somewhat successful in achieving some of the split screen affects but they were not seamless so I went online to get answers and that’s it. I did not know I was driving lots of people to their website until EarlC said so. If anything, they would be my competition so it would not be wise for me to do that. I’m just a little guy with big dreams in a big pond doing what I love. I do not look at other editors as my competition but my fellow artists doing what they love too. When I see something that’s cool, all I want to do is to figure out how they did it. And, that’s all I was doing. I hope that answers some questions about me. Once again, thanks craftersoflight and earlc for the interests in my post.

Talk soon..

F2F

EarlC

I appreciate your candid response. Thanks and no offense. Just you’re relatively new, and…

…well, thanks again for a straightforward reply.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Free2Film – hello there! Mellange Studio here. We’re new members to this videomaker forum. Member Robgrauert is correct. We didn’t use any plug ins of any sort. We made several lines with transparent BG in Photoshop, saved as a png, and imported it into FCP. Then used the motion property tools (cropping and positioning) to fine tune it. In regards to the enhanced 3d slideshow – we used photoshop, illustrator, and after effects to create that piece. It took some time for us to make it but the client was really happy with the final piece. We showed it at the reception along with a same day edit and the audience really enjoyed it. Let us know if there’s any other questions. Btw – checked out your site. Nice layout and cool videos!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Wedding and Event Video’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN