Filming full speed racing (atv racing)

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Let me begin by saying that I am a new to the whole camcorder scene. I am wanting to get into filming quads and try to make my own video. I am currently a rider and I would like to know what a good camera would be. I am looking for a good clear picture. The sound isn’t a big issue since most to all atv racing videos use music instead of sound. Although, price is a issue I would like to know the best bang for the buck. I would like to keep it around $1000 or less if possible. I wouldn’t mind useing used equipment as long as its in good condition.

Participant

When I first got into video, I got a Canon GL2. Shoots a great image outdoors. You should be able to find a used one with accessories for $1000 or less.

If you buy a used one, always buy it in person to make sure the equipment is working properly.

Inactive

I agree with with rob for that pricerange a canon gl2 is probably your best bet i have researched them and they have good quality although not hd. the stock mic on it has pretty good crisp audio.

GL2 is a GREAT standard definition camera, decent sound from in-cam mic, but I do often use a shotgun mic, and it is capable of producing 16×9 widescreen and GREAT glass (lens), plus the noted Canon image stabilization.

I seriously doubt, used or otherwise, you’ll find one in decent shape and with accessories for $1K – these puppies are still selling for high dollar most places and only someone looking to offload a overworked one, or in desperate need of money is going to let his/hers go for less than $1.5K. The resale value of these cameras remains high.

Participant

yeah the GL2 is going to do great recording quad racing…have heard a lot of good stuff about it..

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap