Filming a projection with a 5d mark 2

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi guys, does anybody have any experience with DLP synching issues when filming.

If you have a look below at a quick video i prepared you will see some of the settings i used. No matter what shutter speed i choose i get banding on the screen, in 25fps this rolls however in 24fps it is static. I am in the UK using 50hz. Can anyone advise how i would go about removing this?

http://youtu.be/H7M5nuHSGCw

thanks in advance.

Chris.

Participant

Further to my post i have discovered a strange answer.

If i point away from the projected image, switch on live view and then move the camera to view the projection the banding is there, no matter what setting i then tweak.

If, however, i point the camera at the projected image and then switch live view on. The banding disappears. Is this an issue with the initial synch or something?

Inactive

Hi!

I have the same problem, I think everybody does I tried with 5d, lumix GH1 & hdv sony Z1 cameras If you use a gh1 or Z1 The flicker can be erased wit a 1z1 degrain plugin (in tcp if you use that) but you get motion blur if you move the camera With the 5D 24fps or ntsc is almost nice but I have to try your live view technique, that sound incredible do you have no more problems with this technique ?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap