- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years, 4 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 3, 2004 at 9:44 PM #38619AnonymousInactive
Hi, I was just wondering what are well known film schools, (Universities) in Canada or the US?
Im interested in producing, what would you suggest for schools and courses.
- April 26, 2004 at 5:26 PM #168439AnonymousInactive
UCLA is “the best” here in america but I would avoid it like the plague. Stay in Canada because you will save tones of money. Be sure the school you go to actually has decent equipment and tones of hands on time, it’s the only way you will learn anything, and make sure the class aren’t all the “theory” BS. that so many people teach. I’m not saying it’s bad but you need to have a large amount of practical shooting classes.
- April 27, 2004 at 10:38 AM #168440AnonymousInactive
What Art Institute do you go to? I attend the one in Dallas but our DMP program doesn’t start until next quarter. I’m not sure if I am going to swich over or not.
- April 28, 2004 at 12:23 PM #168441AnonymousInactive
Can you tell me about the Art Institutes… IU’m going to Chicago next year for digital media production .. any info would be great!!
- April 28, 2004 at 8:36 PM #168438AnonymousInactive
Use my email address and email me some questions.
- May 10, 2004 at 12:29 AM #168442AnonymousInactive
I went to Vancouver Film School and I loved it. It a one year course in Film but its really hands on with just a little bit of theory. When you get out of there you have the same opportunities as someone with a Bachelor in Film.
- May 12, 2004 at 4:05 PM #168443brownerParticipant
International Academy of Design & Technology
Vancouver Film School
Victoria Film School – British Columbia
University of Regina (Regina)
University Of Toronto
They are all at this address:
Try to go to school near Toronto, as many Hollywood films are shot there. You might get to work on some of those films on summer break.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.