Film Schools

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, I was just wondering what are well known film schools, (Universities) in Canada or the US?
      Im interested in producing, what would you suggest for schools and courses.
      Thanks.
      Jon

Inactive

UCLA is “the best” here in america but I would avoid it like the plague. Stay in Canada because you will save tones of money. Be sure the school you go to actually has decent equipment and tones of hands on time, it’s the only way you will learn anything, and make sure the class aren’t all the “theory” BS. that so many people teach. I’m not saying it’s bad but you need to have a large amount of practical shooting classes.

Inactive

What Art Institute do you go to? I attend the one in Dallas but our DMP program doesn’t start until next quarter. I’m not sure if I am going to swich over or not.

Inactive

Can you tell me about the Art Institutes… IU’m going to Chicago next year for digital media production .. any info would be great!!

Inactive

Use my email address and email me some questions.

Inactive

I went to Vancouver Film School and I loved it. It a one year course in Film but its really hands on with just a little bit of theory. When you get out of there you have the same opportunities as someone with a Bachelor in Film.

Participant

International Academy of Design & Technology
    Vancouver Film School
    Victoria Film School – British Columbia
    University of Regina (Regina)
    University Of Toronto

They are all at this address:
    http://www.film.queensu.ca/FSAC/Schools.html

Try to go to school near Toronto, as many Hollywood films are shot there. You might get to work on some of those films on summer break.

• Viewing 6 reply threads

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap