FILM LIKE video footage from HVX200

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I know you’ve heard this before. Film like images achieved on low end HD cameras. But here is the proof.

I shot a short as a test for a feature film called "WINTER". The camera captures some amazing snow. The blacks are nice and clean. I had to under expose a bit so the highlight doesn’t blow out. You can also see the the highlight blow out when it got sunny. So I always made sure that the sun backlit the objects so it’s not that harsh.

>>>> WATCH TEST (short film) <<<<

I just finished the feature film finally with this camera (all snow). I’m very happy with the way it captures the light in dark situations. Here is a frame sample. You can see on the frame grabs, I exposed for the hard light hitting the snow to achieve film-noir images. I works well. If I exposed for the shadow, the image would have looked like a home video. Enjoy….

>>>> VIEW FRAME GRABS on pdf (feature film) <<<<

Inactive

That’s some pro camerawork! πŸ˜‰ And yes, it does have a film look. I guess a combination of diffuse lighting and slight underexposure helps a lot to give a film look.

Ken Hull

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
    homicide-bootstrap