‘film’ effect with premier pro

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

im making a movie using a dvd handycam. i dont have money to buy a real good camera.

i want to get an effect im sure everyone does, and make the footage look like its shot on film. i dont know whether i have to make it grainy or what not, im hoping someone knows a sneaky way to make the footage look more film like and less video like.

i am using premier pro 1.5

thanks guys

Inactive

If you register your copy of Premiere Pro 1.5, you can download for free from Adobe a light version of Magic Bullet Movie Looks. It is a plug in that has 10 presets to make your video look like film.

Inactive

oh really thats cool. but how do i go about registrering my copy,

and where about online do i download the magic bullet movie looks ?

thanks!

Participant

https://store.adobe.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WEC?pageID=RegMp1

Once you register there, it should bring you to the page to DL the freebie. πŸ˜€

Inactive

Thanks for dropping a link, Endeavor.

Inactive

im a uni student so i use the premier installed on our lab pc’s.

is there a way to find out the serial number of premier which is already installed on the machine. they all have premier pro 1.5 on them.

Participant

You may need to check with adobe but my guess is that the freebie is not available with multi-user software (but, as always, I could be wrong).

Inactive

thanks. i will direct an email to adobe….

do you know who i should contact πŸ˜›

thanks

Inactive

Its still not goona look right but good luck and props for trying and not setaling.

Inactive

Should i just contact Adobe? or someone specific?

Participant

The serial is on the bottom left corner of the splash screen when you start the program.

Inactive

More than just grain. Instead of using presets I would suggest first taking it into Adobe After Effects (If you can) and converting your finished video file from 30 frames per second to 24 frames per second. If you can’t oh well. There’s more. In premiere pro, select your video and go to ‘Video Effects’. Then go to ‘Adjust’ and find Brightness/Contrast (this may be under Image) anyway, turn up the contrast a bit. Then go to something with ‘HSL’ on it and turn up the saturation to about 27. Tweak it to your liking, of course. But this I find makes it most like film. It’s an effect I use often myself, making no-budget films and all.

Inactive

More than just grain. Instead of using presets I would suggest first taking it into Adobe After Effects (If you can) and converting your finished video file from 30 frames per second to 24 frames per second. If you can’t oh well. There’s more. In premiere pro, select your video and go to ‘Video Effects’. Then go to ‘Adjust’ and find Brightness/Contrast (this may be under Image) anyway, turn up the contrast a bit. Then go to something with ‘HSL’ on it and turn up the saturation to about 27. Tweak it to your liking, of course. But this I find makes it most like film. It’s an effect I use often myself, making no-budget films and all.

Actually, you can change the frame rate to 24 frames per second from within Premiere using the interpret footage option. And for Pete’s sake, do NOT use the brightness/contrast filter to adjust contrast…ESPECIALLY if you’re trying to achieve a film look. Instead use the levels filter.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Storage Buyer's Guide

The best digital storage for video editors β€” 2020

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap