File hosting

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m working with a local realtor to do online commercials of her homes for sale. She wants to put the commercials on her facebook page, as well as on her website, however her site host has a very limited disc space.

Does anyone know of a good (Preferrably free) video hosting service? She’s looking for a place to store these videos and get a link to imbed the video on her page so they just click “Play” and it runs without having to leave her page. I know Youtube, but I’m not sure if this is a place for these videos or if they will look unprofessional being stored on youtube.

Participant

Forgot to mention, this realtor and I are putting one together of a home she has for sale, but if the broker/owner likes the idea he’s going to sign a contract to use my services for all his agents.

Participant

For file hosting and podcasting, I like to use BlipTV. One can easily get itunes support and create an HD feed. Mine is itpc://feeds.feedburner.com/PhosariHD .

For Real Estate orientated video, I like http://www.wellcomemat.com/

One can use it to host videos in a pretty decent quality format. I still prefer good old Youtube.

Participant

I do something similar for a few clients, so I’ll give you my two pennies on it.

Some prefer sites like Vimeo and some others but mostly its because of HD support and quality but they are things the average consumer doesn’t really care about. I don’t feel that the youtube watermark is a turn off to the average consumer because its really a household name to them, they see it everywhere. It may look taky to us but they don’t really care and the point of the video is to use it to sell something, in this case…houses.

Even though I film in HD, I export the final in SD resolution to avoid the buffering stops of youtube and keep playback smooth. The last thing you want to do is loose the attention of someone you are trying to sell something to. Also its how the video was done that sells not the res quality in my opinion.

The main thing about youtube is its response to search engines. If you put good tags on ityour video will be near the top of a search for “Houses for sale near ____” and direct people to your clients site, just make sure you include a url on the youtube page and in the video. Looking at web stats, I see a lot of traffic comeing from youtube and that only happens from then finding the video first. Some other hosting sites are not bad about coming up in searches but youtube seems to rank #1 for that, it might just be because of people knowing the name so well. The video can also be placed on a site in different ways to make it look more professional.

Participant

I think Youtube is the best place to host the videos, just make them unlisted so they aren’t searchable and embedding is the easiest. With Youtube you get the most control, fastest uploads, highest quality, and the ability to add annotations if something at the house or sale changes. Another good thing about the youtube player is that everybody knows how it works and it is indeed a very clean and professional looking player. In terms of ease of use and functionality, Youtube is the way to go.

If for some reason you or your client doesn’t like Youtube after trying it out, you can always move to Youtube’s competitor Vimeo. Though other services will get you through what you need. You will save yourself some headaches if you correctly use the bigger players. And they’re free!

Participant

Thanks Nerds, I will have to rethink my Youtube thoughts I guess. I’ll have to do some research on there to see what other types of home tour videos I can find.

Participant

I have Used Blip and Youtube to host videos and in my opinion Blip is way to slow to load and youtube is usually grainy even with HD videos. I like to use Vimeo. The quality is much better and loads lots faster!

http://www.DryfireProductions.com

Here is a sample video to see if its what you are looking for!

Participant

“I know Youtube, but I’m not sure if this is a place for these videos or
      if they will look unprofessional being stored on youtube.”

You don’t know YouTube, then.

Here’s a site that takes the YouTube hosting to a new pinnacle:
      http://www.ericsson.com/campaign/20about2020/

Participant

“. Looking at web stats, I see a lot of traffic comeing from youtube and
      that only happens from then finding the video first. Some other hosting
      sites are not bad about coming up in searches but youtube seems to rank
      #1 for that, it might just be because of people knowing the name so
      well.”

Uh, no. It’s because Google bought YouTube about a year ago.

Participant

Hi All,

Personally I prefer http://www.vimeo.com you can try free just create an account and testor become a member you pay $60 a year toobtain fast processing, 5 Gig download plus no advertizing during playback. Also you can embed. Since 2 years I use it for training video and work great.

Regards,

Yvon

Inactive

I prefer to use the iPlayer even though it isn’t free. For $30 a month, it’s a great solution with a lot of flexibility. You can watch samples on my website at http://www.6strongmedia.com to see how I’ve embedded the videos and players into my pages.

You can learn more about the iPlayer at http://www.BestHDVideoPlayer.com

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap