File getting too big in adobe premier and encore

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing File getting too big in adobe premier and encore

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Is lowing the bitrate gonna make any difference?

Participant

HI everybody

I have to re-edit a video which I made few months back so all I have was an final edited dvd. So what I did was I transfer it to mini-dv. Then load it in to premier pro through a minidvd camcorder. I used 4 different audio time lines for audio. but when I try to burn it to dvd it said the error message that the file is too big. My friend told me to first transfer it to encore because encore convert the audio file to wave that will make the sized smaller. But still in encore the file size it 6.93 gb. I don’t know what am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Inactive

First, how long is the video? A single layer DVD can fit 2 hours of video with 1 audio track. Less with more audio tracks. If your video is more than 2 hours, you may need a dual layer disc.

Second, did you try setting the audio to ac3 (Dolby Digital)? I’m guessing your filling up your disc space with all those audio tracks and PCM (wav) is much larger than ac3.

Third, is your video setting set for "Automatic"? If it is, Encore can lower the video bitrate enough to make it fit on the disc. Try changing your audio to ac3. This should open up a lot of room.

Please clarify:

I used 4 different audio time lines for audio.

Do you have 4 different Timelines with 1 audio track each or 1 Timeline with 4 audio tracks?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock media sites — 2019

If you’ve so far avoided using stock media in your projects because of the stigma it carries in certain filmmaking circles, you’re missing out.
homicide-bootstrap