Feedback on my first trailer

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello everyone check out my first film i starred in/directed/wrote, we have been in post production the past two months. thanks

myspace.com/charliethemovie

FILMSinc
      Participant

I love It!

I love the lighting and the camera movements the most, if i didn’t know any better, i’de say that that was produced with millions of dollars and a big time crew. Good job

composite1

Escobar,

Not too shabby my friend. It had the good timing and pace to suggest a serious drama. Though I could tell it’s not a high-end production immediately, your production values and cuts were compelling enough to make me want to know more about the story. Good work.

If you decide to do another trailer for the movie (or your next one for that matter) you may want to try these:

1. Do a color-correction adjustment. Just like you have to do one on the finished movie, trailers especially need one too! Color correcting adjusts the colors to add those finishing touches to your film and give it that ‘hyper-real’ look. If you ever watch ‘deleted scenes’ on a DVD, you’ll notice that the colors and sound on the clip don’t look as good as the scenes which were in the film. That’s because they weren’t color corrected. Think of color correcting as ‘part of the icing on the cake’. Everybody loves icing.

2. The story your telling in the trailer is about two people initially separate, meet, and create a bond. After the ‘splendor in the grass’ cut, you stuck with the wide and medium shots of the couple. Next time, try using only close ups of them when together and apart (except for the puking cut that worked) because you brought the audience into the ‘relationship’. You want to keep them there so when ‘charley’ gets sick, the emotional impact will be so much stronger when you pull them out come the puking cut.

3. This one I deal with constantly, trying to find the balance between dialogue and music never ends. There were some spots where the music overshadowed the dialog. That will take experience and as many extra ears that can be found to work that out.

I don’t know how long you’ve been doing this, but you’re definitely off to the races my friend. I hope the movie is as engaging as the trailer.

Now, go make some more.

Rob
      Participant

yea, not bad at all. I see you’re not simply washing out the scene with your lights and you’re doing a good job recording the audio. I think the audio can be cleaned up a little in post though. Also, when you frame your shots, pay attention to the background. Plane walls are boring. Some shots I saw the camera was shooting downward, in my opinion, the lens should be at eat the talents eye level. I realize that’s minor, but it’s still something that can improve your video. My biggest issue was the music actually. I thought it was kinda boring.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’d say you’ve got a very promising future ahead of you! Well Done!!! 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.