FCP no longer seeing my 720p video

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I recently installed Snow Leopard and my FCP software no longer sees my 720p30 footage. I’d edited with no problems before the OS upgrade.
      Thoughts?

Inactive

If that happened to me, my immediate thought would be,

“Oh SH#T!”

But there may be an update either within FCP or Apple. Have you tried to run the auto updates to see?

Participant

what do you mean it “no longer sees 720p30 footage?” Did it go offline? Are you trying to capture it, but cannot? Make sure you set up your Easy Set Up

Participant

By the way, if you upgraded your OS in the middle of a project…bad idea. Don’t upgrade software in the middle of projects.

Participant

When I say “no longer sees it” I mean FCP no longer connects to my JVC HD-GY200 camcorder to capture 720p video. SD is no problem. I know my computer “sees” the camera, but I can’t capture HD vid any more.

I do use the Easy Set Up, and I did not upgrade my OS in the middle of a project.

I only suspect the new OS because that’s the only variable.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition,...
homicide-bootstrap