FCP & HDV workflow

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hey all,

Just wondering what some of you are using for a workflow with FCP (v.6.0.6) and HDV footage.

I may need some more storage space (currently using a seagate external) and I am trying to figure out how both my imacs can access captured footage.

any tips would be great!

Participant

Are you and someone else trying to edit collaboratively on twoMac systems needing to both accessfootage? Or, are you looking for a better(e.g. highercapacity) storage option? Maxtor has a 1 TB hardrive (which I currently own) that has power hookup, USB, along with twobigFirewire 400 ports. You might be able to accomplish a dual computer hookup usingboth Firewire ports. The size of port probably doesn’t match that of your Mac system, so you’d need a couple of 6-pin to 4-pin IEEE 1394 Firewire converters.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2020

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration,...
homicide-bootstrap