Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › FCE or FCP to post production to broadcast?
- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
- July 14, 2008 at 12:42 AM #46739AnonymousInactive
Hi. I am currently working on a travel documentary. I am editing in FCE . Should I upgrade to FCP or stay with FCE before approaching a professional post production person/facility for preparation for output to broadcast? TY for your reply.
- July 30, 2008 at 10:41 PM #192455DallasParticipant
Totallydepends on what you want to do with it, what the and what thepost production person/facility is doing,broadcastersstandardsare.
What are you doing and what is thepost production person/facility doing? What do you mean by “post production”? That willeffectthe reply greatly.
If you are doing thepost production yourself, think about this:
- Manybroadcasters have a high audiostandard, that may, or may not be hard for you toachievedepending on yoursourcematerial. This is what Sound Track is for.
- Will FCE give you the export options you need? FCP had more than you will know what to do with.
- Does FCE give you the look you want, is live type good enough? Or do you need Motion?
Disclaimer: I haveneverpersonallyworked withbroadcast.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.