FCE or FCP to post production to broadcast?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing FCE or FCP to post production to broadcast?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi. I am currently working on a travel documentary. I am editing in FCE . Should I upgrade to FCP or stay with FCE before approaching a professional post production person/facility for preparation for output to broadcast? TY for your reply.

Participant

Totallydepends on what you want to do with it, what the and what thepost production person/facility is doing,broadcastersstandardsare.

What are you doing and what is thepost production person/facility doing? What do you mean by “post production”? That willeffectthe reply greatly.

If you are doing thepost production yourself, think about this:

• Manybroadcasters have a high audiostandard, that may, or may not be hard for you toachievedepending on yoursourcematerial. This is what Sound Track is for.
      • Will FCE give you the export options you need? FCP had more than you will know what to do with.
      • Does FCE give you the look you want, is live type good enough? Or do you need Motion?

Disclaimer: I haveneverpersonallyworked withbroadcast.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Stock media: How to find and use the best stock photos, videos, music and more

Acquiring stock media and editing it into your project is very often faster, cheaper and much more convenient than creating that media yourself.
homicide-bootstrap