FCE or FCP to post production to broadcast?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing FCE or FCP to post production to broadcast?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi. I am currently working on a travel documentary. I am editing in FCE . Should I upgrade to FCP or stay with FCE before approaching a professional post production person/facility for preparation for output to broadcast? TY for your reply.

Participant

Totallydepends on what you want to do with it, what the and what thepost production person/facility is doing,broadcastersstandardsare.

What are you doing and what is thepost production person/facility doing? What do you mean by “post production”? That willeffectthe reply greatly.

If you are doing thepost production yourself, think about this:

• Manybroadcasters have a high audiostandard, that may, or may not be hard for you toachievedepending on yoursourcematerial. This is what Sound Track is for.
      • Will FCE give you the export options you need? FCP had more than you will know what to do with.
      • Does FCE give you the look you want, is live type good enough? Or do you need Motion?

Disclaimer: I haveneverpersonallyworked withbroadcast.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap