Faking a scene

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I need to fake an ICU room for a production we’re working on. I need to fake the IV’s, heart monitor, ect. I tried a local hosptial and they said they would allow me to film a rehab scene in an outpatient facility after hours. However, they used HIPPA for an excuse for not letting us film behind closed doors in a seperated room.

This scene of an ICU cannot be dropped from the script becasue it is based on a true story. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do? Are there any places I could possibly rent some supplies? Thanks.

Try looking for old used medical equipment. I know there are some re-sellers out there. This is where you need to get creative. Try finding things that could fake what you are trying. For example, a video deck with a wire coming out added with a sound effect could pass as some important medical machine. An IV is just a plastic bag hanging froma pole with a rubber tube coming out.

Try looking for old used medical equipment. I know there are some re-sellers out there. This is where you need to get creative. Try finding things that could fake what you are trying. For example, a video deck with a wire coming out added with a sound effect could pass as some important medical machine. An IV is just a plastic bag hanging froma pole with a rubber tube coming out.

Participant

Hi,
      You have probably exhausted these resources already, but just in case: See if you can find some med students willing to ccoperate; they have access and work odd hours (check some hang-outs near the local med school hospital). Also, prop managers at local live theater houses may have suggestions. If you are in NYC, LA, or Vancouver, there are prop renting businesses that could set you up in a minute.
      Several years ago for a film class, I was teamed up with a med student who lived in an apt on the second floor above the local morgue. We ended up doing a piece entitled, Report From The Medical Examiner, that was largely shot “downstairs.” (The medical examiners and people in charge worked normal hours unless there was “business” so we had free run of the place) There were ample frozen corpses and stuff in jars in the vicinity, but we kept it in good taste and got high marks on our finished film from the audience at a major open screeening attended by the public.
      Good luck on your project!
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Inactive

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll try what all of you have suggested and let you know once we finish the shoot. Thanks a million guys!

Rob

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap