FAIR SHARE, our first attempt at a short.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello all. Well we put our first short out onto Ifilm. The title is FAIR SHARE, and if you have ever worked in a corporate environment, you will probably get the joke.

We had some audio issues and a few other glitches, but hey, its a learning process.

Our next one will be leaps and bounds better. Please give it a look and let me know what you all think.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2745091

Steve Maisch
      http://www.stevemaisch.com

Inactive

Eh Steve! πŸ™‚

I watched your film, and, well, um, I didn’t really get it, and I work in the corporate world from time to time. But then, I’m not a film critic.

I would say, watch your audio more on your next film. There was an awful lot of ambient buzz in your house scenes.

I can’t really comment on the video quality, since web compression pretty much destroys that, which isn’t your fault.

All in all, it’s okay. My biggest complaint is not so much in the quality as it is that I jut don’t get what the film is trying to say. A goof film shold draw in even the uninformed person (like me), or you’re going to have trouble getting it into a wide market. I’ve seen films with outright crappy sound and video make it to finalist spots in film festivals simply because the story draws in the viewers. This one made me feel excluded, not drawn in. I felt like I was watching something totally foreign that I had no right to be a part of, sort of like coming into a conversation where you are the subject of an inside joke.

Keep up the good work though. All in all, it was okay. The music wasn’t my favorite, but all in all, it was a lot better than some films I’ve seen.

Inactive

Hank,

Chalk it up to you being older and (presumably) wiser! πŸ™‚

I’m sure I’ll "get it" one day, but it’s not today πŸ˜›

Steve,

Like I said, not bad. Let us know when your next film comes out.

Inactive

Thanks guys, the criticism is welcomed and well deserved.

As I said, it was our first go around, and we really learned a lot from our mistakes. The audio was a big smack in the face, and we tried just about everything in post to correct it, to no avail.

As for the story, large companies send out these emails about the charities that they sponsor, and "ask" you to contribute your fair share, but that its not mandatory.

Well, that means, if you dont, you dont get promoted, and could possibly lose your job. It was basically a dig.

I understand what your saying about the exclusion part though, and the next one will be leaps and bounds better.

Inactive

Ah yes, satire. NOW I get it! πŸ˜€

Yeah, the audio was an issue, but if you already knew the problems and are working to fix it, your next one will be great.

I try to do short films on the side, but with event filming, "the side" is usually where that stuff stays. It’s great to see folks that have the ability to get this stuff done. Keep it up!

Inactive

Well in that respect I am blessed.

I have a full time, well paying job, that is strictly 8-4pm, and off weekends. It affords me a small budget to spend on movie projects, plus a decent amount of time to do them.

Plus I also have optioned three screenplays, and that allows me another small descretionary amount of income, at least what my wife doesnt steal from me πŸ™‚

http://www.911inc.net/projecth is the url to our next endeavor in October.

Ignore the 45-60 min short movie comment, that has been reduced to around 30 min.

Inactive

Great website, but one minor suggestion. Can you have your web developer add a Sound FX on/off button to the flash someplace, or maybe only have the thunderclap go once or twice? It got to be a little much for me, and I had to resort to turning off the speakers.

Other than that, the production looks awesome. I look forward to seeing it when it comes out.

• Viewing 6 reply threads

0   +   3   =  

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap