Extreme processing time

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Wow, 28 hour later- rendering of my 60 min project is still not complete.

I have, I think, learnt a valuble lesson.

I found an old VHS tape made for a now defunct entertainment group and decided to transfer to DVD.
      Copied it to the computer(walked away and did other things) and made DVD menu for all the skits and songs
      Played it back – the colour saturation was way too high and had to reduce it by-120. I ran a colour correction plug in to fix the problem.
      This, I think is the cause of the render time.

I should have done colour correction at capture stage?
      Would this still take time to capture and cause render problems?

The computer will be rendering while I am work and hopefully be finished when I get home.

Looks like I might have to experiment with capture colour correction first.

May have to re capture and insert into the existing project.

Participant

Just as I thought Hank.

I am using Studio 9 plus. Looks like the programing etc does not allow for fast processing. What do expect for $99 ?

A post back from my local computer club’s video editing fraternity have advised that I colour correct at capture.

I actually found the DVD that has the Studio 9 instruction book on it – quite a few 100 pages. Guess what, they say colour correct at capture – the computer doest not have to calculate for colour correction.

Hmmm . now what do I say to every one??
      If all else fails – read the instruction book.
      Better practice what I preach

Thanks for the feed back Hank

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap