Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Dear mods,
      The disabled private messaging feature is starting to get on my nerves.

“You have 3 new messages”
      -> click ->
      Private messaging has been disabled on this board. “

Oh yeah? Then I guess Santa went down the chimney to deliver those 3 messages in my unaccesible inbox.

Since I can’t read them, then perhaps you could tell me what they’re about. If they’re too personal, send me a PM.

Thanks for your time.

Inactive

Sure, don’t mind me…

Some of our moderators were getting bombarded by PMs.

It’d be nice if an individual moderator could just flip a switch to disallow sending them PMs. Unfortunately the stock version of this software only has the option to turn off a user’s ability to send PMs.

So….we decided to turn off PMing back in September.

I’ve turned PMing back on, at least temporarily. This will allow you to view your existing messages.

If everything goes well we’ll just leave it turned on. If we start to have trouble again we’ll take the step of posting a sticky note to the tune of “Don’t PM or email for camcorder recommendations. This is a bulletin board, post your questions.”

Inactive

OK thanks I’ve read my messages.

Compusolver, thanks for your PM. Athlon+VIA really sucks. Unfortunately, the solution was not supposed to involve more money! X-D

Inactive

I hope this has nothing to do with me! πŸ˜€

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available β€” 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap