External Monitor Editing

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

If you connect your miniDV camcorder to your pc via firewire and also connect it to a normal Tv via the video and audio cables could you use it as an external monitor like for watching the video on the tv while editing?…..also if that doesnt work, can you simply use a tv as a secondary monitor to preview video your editing?…

Participant

If you connect your miniDV camcorder to your pc via firewire and also connect it to a normal Tv via the video and audio cables could you use it as an external monitor like for watching the video on the tv while editing?

Yes. Set up your NLE so that video and audio go out through firewire.

also if that doesnt work, can you simply use a tv as a secondary monitor to preview video your editing?…

I don’t know, but it doesn’t matter because going out through firewire and then to a TV WILL work.

Participant

whats NLE?…sorry…

Participant

NLE stands for Non Linear Editor. I use Final Cut Pro, but I know you can connect an external monitor to Adobe Premiere, Avid, and I’m sure you can do it with Vegas.

Participant

o ok that makes sense..haha.need to get familiar with abbreviations..ha..why is abbreviation so long..haha..yeah in sony vegas its says if you want to preview video on external monitor…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Lighting Buyer’s Guide

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap