external mic

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hey i have a sony DCR-SR200 and i’ve looked up on the sony site and it says i can’t have external mic via usb… i figured they mean the active foot. anyways do you guys know if there is and a XLR adapter or anything for external mics, instead of using the shotguns you can buy?

thanks! -A.J.

Participant

If your camcorder has no mic input, you won’t be able to feed audio from an external microphone directly into your camcorder. I’ve tried numerous times to get an audio signal to channel through A/V Input while recording video… did not work, but it may be different with your video camera. I highly doubt you’ll be able to get a USB converter and plug in a digital microphone. Anyway, what do you mean by “active foot”. This term is entirely new to me- maybe something that only Sony goers are familiar with.

You’d probably look for an externaldigital recorder, and then get an XLR to 1/8″ adapter if that is what your recorder uses.

Inactive

Thanks, but finaly i’ll probably get a pro cam in a year or 2 so i’ll wait until then.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera on a hand held stabilizer

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap