Extended Warranty Advice

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Does anyone have experience and/or advice about extended warranties from BHPhoto on their cameras. I’m looking at a Sony VX2100.
      Thanks, Will

Participant

Here’s my take on extended warranties in general: Whenever you have the chance to buy one, instead, stick the money in a jar. If you need a repair, use the money from the jar. Before long (unless you’re extremely accident prone) you will have enough saved up for more toys!

Of course, I don’t actually DO this, I don’t get them at all. Never needed one and I’ll take my chances that I never will.

Participant

I work with extended warranty all the time (not from B&H). It all boils down to how much money it could save you, the probability of your gear getting damaged, and how well they take care of their extended warranty customers. How many claims do you get? How much is the deductible? Do you have to purchase the extended warranty again after the item is replaced? How long is the manufacturer’s warranty and what kind of coverage do you get with that? Etc. These are all questions you’ll want to ask yourself before you take the plunge. In general I like extended warranties, but they are a money making tool for companies, keep that in mind. Also, are you the type of person who is willing to take the time to make the claim and jump through the hoops? Or are you more the type who just needs it here and now and is going to buy something anyway just because you need it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap