Exporting woes

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey guys, I am having trouble exporting a project that will eventually end up on a dvd. Somehow I got the export settings all screwed up and every time I export, the footage looks grainy and defaults to a low rez.

All I want to do is render some projects that I can later put on dvd when the entire thing is done, any suggestions?

Participant

What Adobe product and version are you using?

What formats have you tried exporting to so far?

Inactive

Hey there, I am using 2.0, and I have tried to export in quicktime. Last night I successfully exported a non compressed avi, but I need it all to fit on a dvd!

Thanks,

C

Participant

Version 2.0 of what? What do you mean by all fitting on a DVD?

Are you putting it on a DVD as data or do you want to burn a video DVD?

What program are you going to use to put the video on DVD?

Inactive

Sorry, Premiere pro 2.0 using the in program tool to author a video dvd πŸ™‚

Participant

The size of the AVI file doesn’t matter if you are authoring a video DVD.

What matters is the length of the video, 1 – 1.5 hours of video will fit just fine on a single layer DVD when authored.

The best option for export would be DV-AVI if your authoring program can work with that format.

Inactive

I thought a video dvd had to be mpeg-2 format?

Participant

DVD is mpeg2 format but that is highly compressed video.

It doesn’t matter what size the file is as long as the video length is under 1.5 hours.

1.5 hours (give or take 10 minutes) of any video format will burn to DVD as 4gb (approx) of mpeg2 video (VOB) .

Participant

Lucid, what Chuck is telling is that it does not matter the size or format you video is when you bring it into a DVD authoring program. The DEV authoring program will transcode it to the format (mpeg-2) and compress it to the needed size to fit the DVD. All of my clips that I bring into Encore will be virtually uncompressed and will usually total more then 20 gigs in size (.avi format). But when Encore transcodes the video, it will be compressed down to size to fit on the DVD. Does that make sense?

Participant

The DEV authoring program will transcode it to the format (mpeg-2) and compress it to the needed size to fit the DVD.

If the video is less than 1.5 hours it will encode at 8mbps and will be maximum quality on a single layer DVD.

If the video is over 1.5 hours the authoring software will start compressing the video more and lowering the encoding rate, causing a quality loss.

You can fit 4 hours of video on a DVD, could be 50GB of AVI files, but the quality will be terrible.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap