Exporting Large Movie To DVD

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have aQuickTime movie shot in HD 1080i I want to export to DVD. It is three times larger than the disks I have will hold although the length is only 29+ minutes. Is there any DVD authoring program that can do this. iDVD won’t work for me. Can the movie be converted to a form that will work with iDVD, or is any of this possible? (It was edited in FCE HD to start with, and exported to QuickTime)

Soy

Inactive

you need to recompress the file with a lower bit rate to fit within the parameters of the dvd.

Participant

HD was not meant to be put on a standard definition DVD and playback in HD quality.

typically, youwould have to convertthe video to standard definition…..

Standard DVD players will not output an HD signal. There are ways to burn HD to DVD, but it it hit and miss if it will play in your Bluray or HD DVD player….HD DVD will be the more compatible option, but Bluray is now the standard.

Look into DVD Studio Pro or Adobe encore.

You will need to make a dual layer dvd (DVD-9) to fit the footage as well.

This metod is typically only reccommended for personal use…if you play on dupicating this DVD for commercial or mass distribution, there will be compatibility issues and some upset customers.

Participant

sorry..lol

correction, it should read:

if you plan on duplicating this DVD for commercial or mass distribution, there will be compatibility issues and some upset customers.

not:

if you play on dupicating this DVD for commercial or mass distribution, there will be compatibility issues and some upset customers.

Participant

Thanks, all.

I guess I’m looking for a way to use HD for my own enjoyment but be also able to put it on SD DVD to give to other interested parties who may not have a bluray player.

Soy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera on a hand held stabilizer

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap