Exporting in Final Cut Pro

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I want to export in final cut pro, I attempt to do this as a “Quick Time Movie”, but when I do the percentage bar pops up and does about 1% and disappears……..can someone tell me what is going on?

Participant

going to “Quicktime Movie” will make a reference file if you don’t check the “Make Movie Self Contained” box at the bottom of the dialog box.

Making a reference file does not take long at all since it is only a file that points to your media. Is FCP spitting out a file?

Participant

The make movie self contained box is checked…….and it does spit out a file, and its about 5 seconds long.

Participant

So far the only way I can export, is through “quicktime conversion”…….grr this is really annoying

Participant

Are you sure you have the Timeline window selected and have your in and out points set at the proper locations?

Participant

You need to have the timeline window selected (click anywhere on it) so you can export your whole movie. You probably had the clip browser window selected which as an end result will only export the selected portion of that clip. That’s why you get that 6 seconds movie. I usually put the cursor at the end of the timeline everytime before I export so that way the timeline window is always selected.

Participant

I am having the exact same problem in FCP 5. I have in and out points set, I put the cursor at the end of the timeline but I still only get a 2 second Quicktime movie and not the entire project. I have tried everything. I hope someone can help.

Mac Book Pro, Intel core 2 2.4 ghz, OS 10.6

Participant

try trashing your FCP Preferences. Your FCP Preferences are located in:

home > Library > Preferences > Final Cut Pro User Data > Final Cut Pro X.0 Prefs

ONLY trash the prefs. If you trash those cache files, you will have to reinstall FCP.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap