EXPORTING FROM PREMIERE PRO 2.0

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey all,

Whenever I export a sequence the resulting file size is MASSIVE — like a few gigs for a mintue or two of video.

I have tried tweaking settings, but to no avail.

Is this the norm or am I missing something? Please help…

Inactive

For me, I would say that on average, a 5 minute rendered and exported DV video out of PP will yield about a 1.5 gig AVI file size give or take a few bites.

I’m wondering if you’re seeing the rendered AVI files that PP creates during the process of normal editing. As you import video into PP and start editing it, PP will actually create a bunch of rendered AVI files on your HD. These files are what aid PP in previewing and putting together your final work. These can start adding up as the more editing you do.

RAM

Inactive

I had the same problem when i just recently upgraded to 2.0. i Found a setting that fixed it for me and hopefully it will fix it for you. Follow these steps

1. Control M to export
      2. Click on the settings button on the right
      3. there will be tabs on the left, Click on "Video"
      4. Locate the "compressor" setting. It probably says "DV 24p Advanced"
      5. Click on that and bring up the drop-down menu
      6. There will be the options of DV 24p Advanced, DV NTSC, and DV PAL. Select the DV NTSC.
      7. Try Exporting it with that setting

That is the setting that fixed it for me. Post back and let me know if it worked or now. Good Luck

Inactive

I always export in AVI because I have no quality loss because of the lack of compression, yet I still can get the file size to be just over 12 gig with one hour of video, when working with digital video it is to be expected to have huge file sizes to keep good quality. AVI’s have done good for me and I haven’t had to mess with any other setting…just the steps that I posted before.

Inactive

When I capture 1 hour of video it comes to just over 12 gig. Whether it is compressed or not it has no quality loss to the bare eye. It is the way I have been doing it for a while now and everyone that I have done projects for have yet to complain about the quality.

Inactive

DV is what i am working with right now…i have been using only mini DV tapes. I guess i never thought about the compression because i never saw any quality loss.

Inactive

I have about a 1000 gig of space on my computer with all my harddrives

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap