Exporting from imovie for high quality web delivery

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Exporting from imovie for high quality web delivery

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi! I am launching my website this month and want to make some workout videos etc. for delivery via my site. I will use a combination of youtube and another paid 3rd party provider for hosting. I have a Canon HV30 and am using a mac to do the editing. Last night I tried to export my first video to upload to youtube. There arequite a few options that automatically come up on the mac – I tried several but nothing was able to capture the quality any better than this example (don’t know why it is compressed sideways either!). Youtube have a limit of 1GB per video. If anyone here can help me with how to export videos retaining their quality for use on the web I would very much appreciate it. I am willing to pay for a 3rd party host to be able to upload and run high quality videos so I can capture the physique details required for fitness videos.

Any advice or suggestions are really appreciated as I dont know where to start!

Belinda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOKho8xPhOs

Participant

I clicked on your link to watch the video. Below the video there is a “watch in HD” link. After clicking that, i found the image quality to be pretty good.

The only thing i see wrong is the aspect ratio. It should be 16:9. I dunno if you’re exporting it at 4:3 or if youtube is squeezing it.

Inactive

Hmm, OK thanks heaps. Is there a way to improve the quality without the user having to click the HD option? I will check out the aspect ratio. Do you have any experience with paid 3rd party video hosting sites – where I can upload high quality and embed them in my site?

Really appreciate your advice!

Belinda

Participant

“Is there a way to improve the quality without the user having to click the HD option?”

Not that I know of. Youtube sacrifices image quality for the ability to watch videos with little loading times.

Do you have any experience with paid 3rd party video hosting sites – where I can upload high quality and embed them in my site?

I’m a big fan of http://www.exposureroom.com and use them often to embed videos to my Filmmaker Myspace.

Inactive

Excellent! I will check it out – thanks for taking the time to share that info! Belinda

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap