Exporting from imovie for high quality web delivery

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Exporting from imovie for high quality web delivery

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi! I am launching my website this month and want to make some workout videos etc. for delivery via my site. I will use a combination of youtube and another paid 3rd party provider for hosting. I have a Canon HV30 and am using a mac to do the editing. Last night I tried to export my first video to upload to youtube. There arequite a few options that automatically come up on the mac – I tried several but nothing was able to capture the quality any better than this example (don’t know why it is compressed sideways either!). Youtube have a limit of 1GB per video. If anyone here can help me with how to export videos retaining their quality for use on the web I would very much appreciate it. I am willing to pay for a 3rd party host to be able to upload and run high quality videos so I can capture the physique details required for fitness videos.

Any advice or suggestions are really appreciated as I dont know where to start!

Belinda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOKho8xPhOs

Participant

I clicked on your link to watch the video. Below the video there is a “watch in HD” link. After clicking that, i found the image quality to be pretty good.

The only thing i see wrong is the aspect ratio. It should be 16:9. I dunno if you’re exporting it at 4:3 or if youtube is squeezing it.

Inactive

Hmm, OK thanks heaps. Is there a way to improve the quality without the user having to click the HD option? I will check out the aspect ratio. Do you have any experience with paid 3rd party video hosting sites – where I can upload high quality and embed them in my site?

Really appreciate your advice!

Belinda

Participant

“Is there a way to improve the quality without the user having to click the HD option?”

Not that I know of. Youtube sacrifices image quality for the ability to watch videos with little loading times.

Do you have any experience with paid 3rd party video hosting sites – where I can upload high quality and embed them in my site?

I’m a big fan of http://www.exposureroom.com and use them often to embed videos to my Filmmaker Myspace.

Inactive

Excellent! I will check it out – thanks for taking the time to share that info! Belinda

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap