Exporting Footage: How do I get the Best Quality?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Exporting Footage: How do I get the Best Quality?

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Exporting Footage: How do I get the Best Quality?

Hi everyone!

I have a somewhat broad but nonetheless nagging question to ask. What is the best format/settings to export a final video to be used for high quality playback?

For example If I have some 1080P HD footage that I want to export for playback on a computer (to be played on a DLP projector). What is the best format to preserve all of the quality but still be playable? Formats like apple animation preserve quality but will bog down almost any machine.

Specifically I use Adobe media encoder but I am up for any suggestions of other software.

This is what I am currently outputting all my video as:

Main: H.264
      Multiplexer: MP4
      Standard: NTSC
      Resolution: 1920 x 1080
      FPS: 24
      Field Order: Progressive
      Pixel Aspect: Square
      Profile: Main
      Level: 3.1
      Bitrate Encoding: VBR, 1 Pass
      Target Bitrate [Mbs]: 7
      Maximum Bitrate [Mbs]:8
      Keyframe Distance: 24

I look forward to all of your input,

Thanks!

Isaac Murray

Inactive

I think your preset is just fine. I would only change “Bitrate Encoding: VBR, 1 Pass” to 2 Pass, it really improves your video and “Keyframe Distance: 24″ to1.

my youtube videos πŸ™‚

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap