Export to YouTube HD question..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I made a sequence which matches my source video.. 640×480 @ 25fps. I imported the video and added a title.

I want to export using the YouTube HD setting. I noticed it says VBR, 1 pass. Is there a way to change to 2 or 3 pass and will that make much of a difference or not?

Participant

Hate to tell you but 640 X 480 is old PC multimedia – NTSC SD is 720 X 480 – HD is 1920 X 1080 or 1280 X 720 at the very least.

You can probably change it, but it won’t make much difference. UNcheck the box for “same as source” and play with the settings below to modify your presets. You can change passes under Bit Rate. You can then save it as a new preset if you choose to do so.

In PP CS5.5, I export in the default Youtube Widescreen HD setting all the time. I originally wanted to play around with it but the standard settings did such a good job overall that I haven’t bothered. However, I use AVCHD H.264 codec and perhaps it’s different with that (it’s 1920 x 1080). I checked, and my settings (by default) are 2 pass. My standard settings for Youtube Widescreen SD are 1 pass.

I think it might make SOME difference, depending on the type of source footage you have. But, it will not make nearly as much difference as shooting better source footage like birdcat says.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap