export to quicktime

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hi all,

at college i take a tv production class and have filmed a commercial and psa. since i dont have a mac at home (PC user) i made sure i exported my projects to quicktime in final cut pro so i can show my folks at home during spring break what ive done. the commercial works fine, but for my psa i only get audio and a black picture. When it first starts, it tells me that i might need additional plugins and sends me to some site for quicktime plugins on the apple page.

did i do something wrong in exporting or do i need one of these plugins?

i should mention i filmed the psa with a different camcorder than the ones we are supposed to use. i believe it was a sony DSR-PD170 that i recorded my footage on a removable HDD that hooked up to the top. the commercial was filmed with a basic canon HD camcorder that we’re supposed to use. only reason i used the sony was because it was all they had at the studio and i was on a deadline so i took it.

when i get back from spring break, is there something i should try differently so i can playback at home? it doesnt necessarily have to be a .mov file. a .wmv file would work or any other compatible format with PCs.

thanks

Participant

hmm…kinda hard to say without knowing the steps you took exporting. The camera used for shooting shouldn’t make a difference. It’s probably the export out of FCP that is giving you problems.

What kind of quicktime did you export out of FCP? H.264 probably would have been the best option.

Participant

That is a codec issue.

What Compression did you use when you created the quicktime file?

Inactive

thanks for the replies.. i go bak on monday so i’l try to answer your questions and then and see if i can figure this out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap