Export to DVD in Premiere Pro 1.5 Not Working

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Export to DVD in Premiere Pro 1.5 Not Working

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Help! I have just completed my first video and have Premiere Pro 1.5. It has never allowed me to Export to DVD, it gives me this error:

Assembling Error
      Could not complete the last command because: Unknown Error.

Does it every time. I have had to Export to Movie and burn it with the Power2Go thing that came on my computer (AMD Athlon 64X2 with WinXP Pro), but I hate that because it puts this little amateur home video start frame on it.

Anybody have a workaround, or an idea how to get it to work? I have read about Encore but haven’t tried it because others say they get a mess from it. I have a tight deadline and need to find a solution!!!

Thanks!

Participant

Are you saying you have Encore but haven’t used it or you don’t have it?

Participant

Haven’t used it — I am attempting that right now. I don’t understand why software that costs as much as Premiere Pro 1.5 can’t even write a DVD. I am discovering many who have the same problem and have to find workarounds. Phooey!

Thanks!

Participant

I write from Premiere to DVD alot but usually export to encore first. When you export, use the “MPEG 2 – DVD” Setting so You dont have to re-encode the video in Encore. Not sure why you are getting an error though. Is your computer pretty fast? And what kind of files are you editing? Are they AVIs from capturing DV or something else?

Participant

Thanks for the setting. Yes, my computer is an AMD Athlon 64X2 (dual core) with WinXP Pro and 2 gig RAM, brand new, with raided hard drives. It’s a screamer, that’s why i cannot figure out why it would be giving the error, short of a microsoft WinXP incompatibility (which seems very likely, knowing microsoft).

I exported from Encore late last night, have yet to put it into my TV’s DVD drive to check it. Tight deadline, up all night!

Participant

Thanks Hank… I get the error about halfway, I assume… its a 10-minute piece and the error comes probably 10-12 minutes into the transcoding (the temperature bar goes about halfway before it returns the error). It never begins to write to the DVD.

I was told by people in other forums that the AMD Athlon 64X2 was far superior to the Intel dual core for video and I went with that when deciding on what system to purchase. I hadn’t heard anything about WinXP Pro having incompatibility problems, or with the Sony DVD writer I have.

I saved the sequence to a .avi movie and brought it into Encore and was able to burn it just fine (and quickly!). I will attempt the Adobe board to see if perhaps I can get an answer — I tried to ask them about why I cannot capture with my Canon XL2 with Premiere Pro but nobody had experience with that enough to answer me (too new a camera, I guess). I ended up getting Scenalyzer which is awesome and have had no trouble with it, and I love the indexing.

Thanks guys, appreciate your help!

Participant

I tried to ask them about why I cannot capture with my Canon XL2 with Premiere Pro but nobody had experience with that enough to answer me (too new a camera, I guess). I ended up getting Scenalyzer which is awesome and have had no trouble with it, and I love the indexing.

Unfortunately Premiere Pro is not compatible with the AMD dual-core processor for capturing. What you have to do is turn one core off with task manager and setting affinity to 1 processor, hopefully they will cure this in the next version.

Participant

Wow, that stinks. Glad I got the intel chip.

Participant

Yeah, no doubt. Otherwise I’m thrilled with the AMD chip. I like Scenalyzer, and maybe will use it even after Adobe fixes the problem! Thanks guys for all your help!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap