Export Tapes

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

What’s the best way(s) to export tapes for a video camera?

House of Brouse Productions

Inactive

Do you mean like capturing your footage onto a Non-linear editing system? Plug in a firewire into your camera and your computer. I didn’t really get your question, so let me know if this wasn’t what you were looking for.

Participant

Yeah you got it right, so I’ll need a firewire adapter for my computer right? And a firewire cable? Is that it?

Participant

Your computer should already have a firewire port

Participant

Robgrauert, not all PC’shavea firewireportbuiltin.Minedidn’t,but Iknewthisand planned aheadoftime when I built my PC.IknewIcouldbuy a cheap firewirecardso I was abletobuy a cheaper motherboard (actually the motherboard I got had a few special features no other motherboard had, so I didn’t miss the firewire :-P). And with thecard I now have the advantage of 3firewireportsifI feltlike gettinga firewire HDD or otherfirewire devices.

Firewire 400cards will onlyrun you about10dollars and mostofthemcome with afirewirecableas well.Firewire 800cards (overkill forvideo transfer, but the extra speedishandy forthingslike external firewire harddrives)aregoingto bein the $50-$60range from what I’veseen.

HouseofBrouse, checkout the big onlinecomputerretailers like Newegg and Tigerdirect to find one you like. I use a Rosewill brand one. I’ve never had a problem with it- it was decently cheap and works very well.

Participant

That’s very helpful, thanks ralck!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap