Export problems

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m having problems exporting video. On cut only edits I have no problem, but any time I use an effect it jerks and shakes. Everyting looks smooth on the computer. I am exporting thru firewire into a deck and sometimes through the deck into an external DVD recorder and VCR. Any ideas on why this is happening andwhat I could do would be greatly appreciated.

Inactive

Did you ever figure this out yet? If not, we all could use a little more info. What editing software are you using? What format are you exporting at? What are your PC specs? Right now it could be a lot of different things.

RAM

Participant

I am still having the same problem. When I export to my deck through firewire I am simply playing what is in the timeline by hitting the space bar I’m not exporting to tape. I am using Premiere Pro 1.5 and once again it plays fine in the window and cut edit video looks fine. It is only transitions and effects that jump and shake. I was told to change the field order setting but when I go to settings I see it but I can’t change it. Not sure what you mean by what format I’m exporting at?

Inactive

Have you ever had trouble in the past or is this your first time trying to do this?

Im going to assume that you have the timeline all rendered out. If you see tiny red bars just under the workspace bar in the timeline window, then that means you dont. To really get a clean export from a timeline, you need to have it all rendered and there should be nothing but tiny green bars. Whats seems strange is that youre saying that everything looks good except the transitions. That almost sounds like youre not rendered out.

You do have the project settings set correct right? You have it set for video rendering via DV NTSC.

I dont have a deck but I have exported my timeline AVI clips back to my camera via firewire without any problems. Have you tried exporting to a camera instead of a deck? This will help you in narrowing down where the problem is. It could be something with your deck is set wrong, which I don’t think is the case here.

When I mentioned what export format youre using, Im referring to whether you are exporting as some type of mpeg format or the DV AVI format. Since you’re trying to go to a deck, Im assuming that youre going out as a DV AVI file.

Another thing you could try is to render and export that timeline to your HD somewhere. Then start a fresh project and import that file you just created on your HD back in. Then try exporting that out to your deck.

RAM

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap