Export issues…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I have a 5 minute video that plays back no problem in the time line, but every time that I export

the video skips, and from about halfway through the audio and video become misaligned.

I’ve tried various different ways to export, and I was able to get it to not skip, but the

audio still becomes misaligned… What in the heck am I doing wrong?

I’m using FCP 7, the majority of the video was shot in the avchd format, but there is also a small

portion of the video that is .mp4 format.

Any and all help and advice is greatly needed and greatly appreciated! Thank you!

It would help to know your output settings. It might be at too high a bitrate for your computer to handle.

Truthfully I tried different settings… So I don’t think that will be much help,

rather I’ll let you know what computer I’m using…

I have a MacBook running 10.6.8

2.1 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

with 4GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Do you have any advice on output settings my computer can handle?

(I’m aware that my machine is pretty lame)

Where is the final video being shown? Internally? YouTube? I would begin by following their export setting guidelines…which are generally compatible with most computers. I’m not a Mac user, but a quick search on YouTube will give you plenty of export tutorials like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvWPdnaLfuw

Thank you for the advice. The footage was originally shown on a large screen at a concert. I had it and another seven videos. (my assistant in charge of checking the videos failed to tell me that that one video wasn’t playing back properly)

The plan is to make a DVD and then later on also upload it to the internet as well.

Im using Final Cut Pro not express so the export settings might be a bit different, but I’ll search for that

on youtube and post my results up here later on.

Thank you for the help!

Ok, thank you for all the advice, I was able to finally get it to export properly.

I shot that final VTR on a different camera (video was a different format) so I

guess that the settings weren’t adequate for the video on my machine.

Problem solved πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap