explosions

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

trying to make a hollwood type explosion. I found alot of gasoline works, but is there anything better?

Participant

Particle Illusion would be much safer. And it looks pretty good to.
      As long as you frame your shots so that the explosion is in the background and you blur the image a bit. Actual explosions should not be done by amateurs which probably don’t have the proper ability to get medical attention or other emergency services.

Inactive

…i like this topic, and wanted to know also. i wanted to know, what kind of guns do they use in the movies…????….race starter guns, cap type guns, etc…what? where can ya get one too….doin a movie that involves this, and needed some help for it.

Inactive

Regarding the guns they use – I saw a special on this. There are companies that cater specifically to the needs of movie producers for things like military vehicles and guns. The firearms are authentic, non-operational rentals.

Of course, there is still some risk involved as Brandon Lee could attest to were he still alive.

Inactive

so, how can you make that popping with an airsoft gun for say? and what about the blowback shots?

Participant

There are blowback Airsoft guns, I own a few, they are very cool, the chamber slides back like the real thing, as far as explosion, muzzle flashes, etc. I’ve stumbled upon a special effects program that is absolutely AMAZING. Effects Lab DV is THE absolute best program for the money that you will ever find. go to http://www.fxhome.com and check out the cinema an you will see what I mean. You can get the basic version for less than $100 and it’s SO well worth it. The program was developed in the UK but I can’t support it enough. They have a ton of dedicated users that create presets a plenty. You would never have to design your own if you didn’t want to. TRUST me, check out http://www.fxhome.com and download the demo, but make sure you check out their cinema and their users movies, you will be blown away

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap