Event Lighting

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

So I have been looking on B&H for an on camera light for my camera but for most of them I am noticing that they sport a 30 minute life time on the batteries with an 8 to 9 hour charge time. Why is this? Granted these are on the lower end and cheaper models but it just seems like with the jumps in technology that we have had over the last few years, it would be possible to make a cheap light with decent battery life, especially when you consider that if someone will be using a light on their camera they are likely doing weddings or other events where they will need to run the light for longer than 30 minutes.

Just thought I would share.

wldstudio
      Participant

You might want to try an LED light. LED technology is amazing – high brightness and low power consumption. A fully-charged battery (NP-F970) will last about 140 mintues.

http://www.wldstudio.com/Products/LBPS900.html

15% promotional discount for videomaker forum members.

EarlC

Check out LitePanels for a broad range of possibilities and power adaptations. I currently use NRG Varilights and belt battery packs for long-term lighting needs, also Cool-Lux units. But the weight of these options is a killer for those long events where lighting is important to the production.

I am sold on LitePanels for affordability, ease of use, battery life, application – and can always manage to have spare batteries on hand to change out while setting up the rechargeable ones to be charging, if needed for the gig. I have no problem using disposables where possible either.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Production Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube — 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN