Equipments Store

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello all

I’m new here.

guys, do you know the store http://www.BHphotovideo.com ?
      can I buy from threre ?

it’s confiable ?

Inactive

😯 Do we know this store?

You bet my friend! This is a very reputable establishment and a lot of us here buy from them. I was just in New York about a month ago on a family vacation. While my wife was in Sak’s 5th Avenue, my son and I went to B&H. Talk about kids in a candy store! We had to get out of there before we did something that we were going to regret! X-D

I buy everything from them via online ordering.. I have never had a problem and I get my packages in less than 4 days. Shoot… I think I bought about $7000.00’s worth of goods from them. You shouldn’t have any problems.

RAM

Participant

Oh, you betcha we know this store. Excellent! I just spent a bunch of money there. Very reputable dealer.

If you are looking to buy some video equipment, there are a lot of unscrupulous dealers out there. Do yourself a big favor and do some searches on "grey market" goods and check the dealer out at http://www.resellerratings.com/.

Inactive

As with the two guys above, and I’m sure many who will come on below, I’ve used them, and I love them. They usually have good prices, and they’re more than fast in shipping. I can honestly say that I have gladly given them thousands of my hard earned dollars, and they’ve never dne me wrong.

Inactive

thanks for all answers.
      So, I’ll try to buy them.

Nowadays, I use AGDVC7 camera ( I know its a poor camera ).

I work with weddings, graduations and birthdays.
      I was wondering to buy a VX2100 or a PD170

What do you think about it ?

Inactive

c’mon guys
      give a opinion about it

Participant

[quote="VMP"]thanks for all answers.
      So, I’ll try to buy them.

Nowadays, I use AGDVC7 camera ( I know its a poor camera ).

I work with weddings, graduations and birthdays.
      I was wondering to buy a VX2100 or a PD170

What do you think about it ?[/quote]

For weddings, I think the VX2100 would be an excellent choice. If you do a search on that camera, you will see it highly recommended. I think the PD170 is basically the same as the vx2100 but with some more "pro" features like xlr inputs. You just might want to compare the 2 to see if those extra features would best fit your situation.

Inactive

VMP: There is a saying out there that says," Never judge a book by it’s cover."

It supposed to come down to the final product. That’s what people should be concerned with. Not how you look doing it!

RAM

Inactive

compusolver and video maniac
      don’t discuss because of me.

That’s the reason I’ve sent a private message.
      I knew this kind of commentary will bring several and differents ideas.

I just wanna know if can exist this kind of argument, because I’ve never put my hands on this camera and maybe this camera could be bigger than I thought and decid to ask for a person works with this camera to learn with his experience.

Inactive

compusolver: Yeah… I suppose you are right to a certain degree!

I guess the point I was trying to make was that sure, it would look very impressive to the normal person if a camera crew showed up at a wedding with these huge news station style cameras mounted on top of huge tripods. These people would think that these guys must be good versus someone who showed up with smaller less impressive looking equipment.

But it still comes down to the final product. What if the "Big" outfit did a crappy job of shot content and editing. You know, missed out on a lot of those tender "money shots", maybe the sound was lousy thus resulting in a very poor final product. Then there is the smaller guy that is very good that captured the "money shots" did a great job on sound and put together a real nicely edited product.

Chances are that most people that were at the wedding aren’t going to see how well the little guy did with the final product. They are just going to think that the BIG guy must have been better because they had all of the big toys.

In short (yeah right) πŸ™‚ I’m saying that it’s still the final edited product that counts. That’s all.

You are right though that first impressions usually can make a difference. I would also hope that outfits that can afford the super high end equipment know what they’re doing by then too.

RAM

VMP: Don’t worry about discussing stuff. That’s what this place is for. πŸ˜‰

Participant

Hank,

As usual you are right! I remember reading that someone bought one of those just to sit on a tripod next to his GL2 so people took him seriously.

When the main competition is good ol’ uncle Joe with his brand new handycam, you need something to set you apart from the rest.

A number of years ago, I worked with a company doing makeup effects (we were doing the creature makeup for Six Flags fright nights). Pretty much everything could fit in a single tackle box, but it was the policy to bring a minimum of 3 cases with you simply for appearance sake.

Inactive

compusolver:

Oops! Have I just opened the door to a "Size Matters" topic???

I ain’t touch’in that one! X-D

RAM

Inactive

Hi

I don’t if is a stupid question.
      Therefore, I’ll ask then

When you are recording a wedding with yours PD170, what kind of tape you usually works.

Mini DV tape, DV tape or DVCam tape ?

I’m asking this because there is a big difference between this tapes when we talk about price. About image quality is the same with a only difference is better safe recording (if I can say this way).

Inactive

Hi VMP,

how is your dc7 working for you? I also have that camcorder for now, and am shooting my first wedding with it on 7/9/6.

What type of microphone(s) do you use with it?

Anyone else use the panasonic dc7?

Inactive

Hello

C7 is a good camera. I have 02 of them.
      I don’t know in USA, but here, this camera gave us a big headache because the flat cables oxidation and sometimes this means the camera stop of working at the middle Wedding.

I’ve always put the microphone configuration to set AUTO I’ve not bought any microphone.

I’ve been tested all forms setttings and I think this is the best one.

C7 likes a lot a light to work with a good image.

Inactive

OK. sorry by that.
      I’m from Brazil / Sao Paulo

Here happened a thousands of cameras as C7 gave us this problem.
      Flat cables are brown cables inside the camera.
      We need to open the camera to see all of them.

I have a PDF File to show, but I don’t know how to put in the site.

About the microphone, we use the microphone built sound and I can tell you the sound is not so bad. But, for shure, the direcional microphone is much better and if you don’t want to spend money, you can use it.

I’d to know if to record a weeding with a PD170, yoy use some support, steadycam or don’t need nothing this things. Here in Brazil the most people say is not possible to record only with the camera. Is that true ?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap