equipment for a production

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi all. I am interested in making a short reality show just for fun and I was hoping I could get some advise on what equipment I would need to use. I already have a Sony HDR-FX1 cam-corder and most of the equipment I need, but I know there are a few handy things I might be missing and I hope you all can help. So far I have the following:

Sony HDR-FX1
      2 9 hour Batteries
      Battery Charger
      Camcorder Light
      Wide-angle Lens
      Lens Filters
      2 Extension Cord
      Surge Protecter
      High Def Blank Tapes
      Tripod
      Monopod
      Shoulder Brace
      Microphone
      Headphones
      Lens Cleaning Cloth
      White-balance Cloth
      Green Screen

Thanks!

Inactive

Seems like you have enough but I’d add a steadicam for some Amazing Race style shots.
      A dolly, maybe…..

Most of the Non-Amazing Race type shows will just place the camera in one spot so if Big Brother style is what you have in mind I think you are good to go.
      Filters, maybe….

Boom mics…. Without a doutb.
      A good boom setup and maybe a box with some XLR inputs but you can just use the 1/8 jack.
      Monitor or laptop to view your images while you shoot…. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself here.

Boom mic. Yes.
      I think you’ll get better sound that way. Move the mic off camera when you can or keep you audio level below 5 with camera mounted mics on the FX-1.

My two cents.

Inactive

All that sounds good hidef, what kind of filters would you recommend?

Any other ideas?

Inactive

drPHk Wrote:

All that sounds good hidef, what kind of filters would you recommend?

Any other ideas?

I’d at least go with a UV and Polarizing.
      UV yes.
      Polar, maybe…

Participant

A UV filter would definitely be of good value, especially to protect your camera’s lens, in whatever reality show you plan to produce. And a polarizer is always a good idea to have in your kit (for glares from glass, water, etc.)

A good boom mike, like what hidef recommended, would be very crucial as well to create a quality production.

A Steadicam would be a very neat investment as well, but may not be necissary. Otherwise don’t forget to consider your locations: ex. a raincover for anything near water

Anyways, its sounds like you already have much of the equipment you need to make a neat reality show. good luck!

Inactive

Don’t forget the gaffer tape!!!
      Oh…. and some scissors or pocket knife to cut it. πŸ˜€

Ken Hull

P.S. — You might bring an extra miniDV tape, too. πŸ˜‰

Inactive

Thanks for all the tips guys it really helped me out!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors β€” 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap