ENOUGH WITH THIS !@#$%&* HTML GARBAGE !@#$%&*

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Videomaker Feedback ENOUGH WITH THIS !@#$%&* HTML GARBAGE !@#$%&*

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I enjoy your forums very much. Videomaker does a great job of building this vibrant community and Videomaker does an equally great job of listening to members, and being open and responsive. This can be really difficult and few institutions can boast of those qualities so congratulations!

However, there is one element in these forums that make my blood boil: all this garbage HTML-looking stuff that appears in most – but not all – of my messages. It’s really inconvenient and annoying to have to re-edit messages once, sometimes even twice, before having a proper-looking message.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to write my messages (or change my settings ?) so I don’t have to deal with it anymore. Thanks.

In Solidarity,

Alain

http://www.crazyredacesproductions.blogspot.com/

PS: I had to edit this message twice!@#$%&*

Participant

I am responding to this post as an attempt to understand the HTML problem. I have yet to post with the need to edit any code so I am looking at trying to replicate the issue. I use the posting window not the html version and when I ad a link I copy it from the address bar in the browser and paste it into the post http://www.crazyredacesproductions.blogspot.com/ . I have yet had to edit the code. Granted I don’t usually do any thing fancy.

Participant

Hey “Master”

If you read posts on this forum, you will see that this problem occurs(unless fixed in last 24 hours). Maybe not necessarily in your posts. The problem is real and started when VM begainmessing with the look/structure of the forum. (I can see that letter spacing is funky in my post right here and now.)Please don’t act dumb about it.That is simply annoying. It is not a figment of theimagination of many. Tryto do a simple post fromhome (noton a system you bring from work).Try to do a simple post from Kinko’s or from a local cafe, using the cafe’s computers.Walk a mile in our shoes.

REGARDS … TOM (still hanging in there) SCRATCH

Participant

TO Derek/Key Master

Just curious. Did the technical issues with this forum begin when you were assigned oversight for it. How long have you been involved with it. For the first twoyears of my visits to this forum, there were no technical issues from a user standpoint (as opposed to an insider like you…)

I am now going to Control + because this print is too small in the window where I am composing. When I did Control +last time, it messed up the spacing in my compose window, i.e.,certain letters were running into other letters. So let’s see what happens:

OK continuing, so far so good, noletters bunching up on other letters. Whoops wrong: looking back over this lines, I count in the above line 6instances of improper spacing (too close or too far; another 5 in this line).

Soin my last post (hey master post), I had thisspacing issue. Then when I clicked Send Post, it went on to the VM forumclean. It looked good, no spacing problems no extraneous letter or symbols throwninby the machineghost.

However, when I went to correct a simpletypo (my mistake) and clicked to update with my edit, I got themess that now appears in that post,the gratuitous A’s everywhere with the curliecues above.

VM really needs to do something about this. It is ultra unprofessional and will steadily reduce traffic and customers if not fixed.

I am now going to post this and evenif I seetypos I made that should be corrected, I will not. I do not want anattack of killerA’s on this post.

OK here goes. Holding mybreath…

REGARDS … TOM

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap